December 17, 2009



BEFORE THE CUT......
As a special favor to me, Vivian, tailor extrordinaire, took these pictures of the material I wove for Keith's Vest. This vest is his wedding present from me even though I expect him to wear it to the wedding. giggle giggle.

It has a beautiful drape and I am so excited to get the final product. I have lightly finished the 5 yards of cloth. Found the perfect silk for the lining and back. And even though Vivian
used less than 2 yards of the cloth, I still wove off the whole length. The remainder will be used for samples for the next Guild Newsletter.

For the technically curious, I used 10/2 mercerized cotton warp sett at 24 epi. Threading is a Two-Fold M's & O's one of my favorite patterns because it is so diverse. Check out Margarite Davidson's book for exact threading options using this structure. Weft is a superfine wool (3600 yds/lb). Beat is almost balanced at 28 ppi.




No comments:

Post a Comment