November 16, 2009

Sleepless Musings
Last night I got out of bed at 2:15 am and started weaving on my 4H table loom. The project is not what I had hoped it would be. Instead of a sophisticated two layer weave, I have an amateur, two color, cotton, blech. I got up from that and went to the computer to hypnotize myself back to sleep. Instead I found this uncommon, artsy, wonderful website geared for fashion and design:

www.polyvore.com

you might see some work of mine posted here and on my facebook page. Check it out!

I have finished weaving Keith's wedding vest material and found a complimentary silk with a contemporary print for the back. The cloth fulled perfectly -- just enough shrinkage to create drape, but strong enough to need only a featherweight interfacing. I am waiting for my materials to arrive from Japan, so I can finish my shawl. It will be similar to Keith's design -- a 10/2 mercerized cotton sett @ 24epi with a fine merino wool weft. The pattern is a two-fold M's and O's.

My curtain project for my friend and co-worker is complete (do you know how difficult it is to buy curtains on a budget?!) and I am getting ready to unfurl another set of small rugs. Again, I have had many customers who want lessons, but I am not able to leave my day job yet. Anyone interested in learning to weave should contact Norma Smayda at the Saunderstown Weaving School, Saunderstown, RI.

No comments:

Post a Comment